Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point, which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
The Lab Technician is an essential part of the winemaking and laboratory team. Responsibilities include the monitoring of the wines by chemical, microbiological, and organoleptic analysis. The areas of focus will be the organization and preparation of samples and performance of laboratory analysis. This includes the microbiological testing for our bottle sterility program, and the validations and calibrations of laboratory equipment. The successful candidate will have familiarity with a winery laboratory environment, basic winery processes, and basic chemical and microbiological techniques used in the lab.
To nail your job you will:
- Perform routine analysis at all stages of the winemaking process
- Manage microbiological analysis
- Gather and prepare samples for tastings and analysis
- Provide general quality control support for laboratory and winemaking staff
- Assist in the organoleptic analysis of wines
- Assist with bench trials and trial blends for finishing wines
- Gather and prepare samples for winemaking staff tasting and R&D projects
- Assist in preparation of laboratory reagents and solutions
- Perform sanitation, validations, and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Data entry of all laboratory analysis
- Participate in our food safety and certification programs as needed
- Perform all required analysis in accordance with established SOPs, good Laboratory practices, and in compliance with established certifications and standards
- Maintain clean lab work areas and assist with the set-up and clean-up of group wine tastings
- Follows all GMPs related to BRC and ensures work area meets food safety standards
- Are detail oriented with a high level of enthusiasm for wine and winemaking
- Have solid understanding of Bottling QA / QC
- High level understanding of Excel and ability to learn proprietary software
- Can manage multiple projects at once
- Think strategically, are data-driven and detail-oriented
- Are smart but humble
- Have demonstrable experience of doing this before
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline is preferred
- At least 2 years lab experience, preferably within the wine industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
- Proven ability to problem solve and “think on your feet” is required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and organizational ability is important