|Title:||Head of Wine Buying|
Head of Wine Buying
Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point,which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Grow our Angel’s lifetime value by sourcing the right selection of wines at the right cost.
To nail your job you will:
- Work closely with our winemakers to put together a top notch wine range including the positioning and strategy for each winemaker
- Bring more of the World’s Best Winemakers into the Naked family by pitching the Naked model and interviewing winemakers to discern suitability
- Negotiate on fruit and bulk wine costs
- Set winemaker compensation
- Use your industry knowledge to help us develop our wine range strategy
- Work with our Wine and Planning teams to make each project a success
- Have a deep understanding of the global wine industry and a knowledge of winemaking
- Are a pro negotiator with a passion for a win win outcome
- Are an influencer with an ability to sell
- Are commercial and numerate
- Are a great communicator and enjoying working as part of a team
- Are passionate about wine and energized about the opportunity Naked presents for winemakers to share their wine directly with our consumers
- At least 3 years of wine industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A wine certification: WSET level 3 or equivalent (eg. CSW or CMS Level II Certified Sommelier) required
- A deep understanding of non-domestic wine (as well as domestic)
- Proven successful negotiator
- Must be willing to travel long-haul on a frequent basis
- Bilingual or multilingual skills preferred (Spanish and/or French are ideal)
- Must be eligible on your own to work in the US to qualify. An employer sponsored work visa is not currently available for this role
- Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Napa, CA office once restrictions have been lifted