|Title:||Head of Wine Strategy|
Head of Wine Strategy
Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point,which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Develop and implement the strategies which will enable us to grow the lifetime value of our angels by delivering the right wines, at the right time, and at the right cost.
To nail your job you will:
- Manage our inventory levels to budget in year
- Work with our finance team to plan the budget for future years
- Develop a range and assortment strategy which drives margin improvement using internal and market data
- Analyze winemaker performance and work with our wine and planning teams to continuously improve portfolio performance
- Work with the BI team to develop reporting
- Are an independent self starter able to drive your agenda and deliver results
- Love identifying things that could be better and working out how to make that happen
- Are passionate about performance
- Are able to process large amounts of information and distill the key insights
- Have the confidence to think outside the box
- Can work to business deadlines
- Are passionate and energetic
- Want to be part of a team delivering the key to the whole business: the wine!
- Bachelor degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 3-5 years of strategy experience required
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Must be eligible on your own to work in the US to qualify. An employer sponsored work visa is not currently available for this role
- Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Napa, CA office once restrictions have been lifted