Naked Wines is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers. We support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the wine industry’s antiquated three-tier system. By funding winemakers upfront, our customers earn customer site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point, which unlocks a huge target market.
Naked Wines is the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year, and have ambitious growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience, and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally, whether you find yourself in Manly (Naked Australia) Norwich (Naked UK) Denver, CO or Napa CA (Naked US).
We’re looking for an imaginative, driven, and incredibly agile copywriter, responsible for creating and writing all of our sales campaigns. Anything you see on our website is written by a copywriter. You are personable, inquisitive, efficient and a top performer in a fast-paced, dynamic company environment. You’ll write and deliver direct response copy for our email sales channel as your main role, working to deliver sales copy for our loyal customer base, and work to rapidly produce engaging SEO-optimized content for affiliate-based marketing initiatives, contribute to creating and maintain a cohesive brand voice, and deepen engagement with customers through blogs, editorial features, and long-form contributed articles.
As our copywriter, you will be required to work quickly and publish 8-12 products per week with extreme flexibility and exceptional attention to detail to make each wine and winemaker stand out uniquely in the range. Your success is measured by the lifetime value of our customers and to help increase retention with your brilliant storytelling ability. This position can be hybrid or possibly fully remote within CO or CA (for payroll tax purposes) but must have the flexibility to periodically travel to Napa/Denver.
To Nail Your Job, You:
- Will create standards for every piece of content that you are responsible for and elevate it
- Will shop for stories for our winemakers
- Add new content to the plan that we don't know of yet
- Hunt down the best stories and stay connected with our winemakers
- Push our projects forward
- Stay on top of trends in the industry
- Display a mastery of the English language and the written word
- Understand the basics of sales writing and maintain tone while getting conversions
- You have a keen eye for detail and a pen in your cap – you’re always listening, observing, and taking notes, looking for the next big scoop. After reading a few posts and emails, you can match brand tone effortlessly and communicate with customers and winemakers in a way that feels personal, sincere, and human.
- You can write engaging material for our customers
- Know how to balance that sales knowledge with the goal of customer loyalty
- Write creatively AND technically – you can easily toggle between beautiful, sweeping narratives and system messages, apologies, error warnings, and auto-replies
- Adapt your writing to different channels and media
- Adhere to deadlines - and eagerly work ahead of them
- Work independently, manage multiple complex functions, and consistently hit team goals and objectives
- Take and apply feedback from numerous business owners in the marketing, production, and buying departments
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus, but not required
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing, advertising, and communications
- 2+ years experience as a copywriter
- Experience with copywriting in sales and E-commerce
- Solid writing and creative thinking chops
- Food and wine experience is appreciated
Compensation and Benefits
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance - 85% employee coverage, 50% dependent coverage
Holiday allowance - 34 days of paid time off, including 20 days of accrued paid time off (PTO) and 12 paid company holidays. Paid time off also includes your Birthday, plus one additional day for Volunteer Efforts.
Retirement plan - Through Vanguard. 4% employer match
Wine allowance - $40 a month towards your Nakedwines.com account
Gym contribution - Up to $25 a month towards a gym membership
Personal Pathways - the Company will pay up to $500 annually towards training on any topic and may be personally interested in pursuing (doesn't have to be work-related)
Company Share Plan
If you fit the bill, then we want to hear from you - submit your online application today!