Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point,which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Educate our new and existing customers directly and via our employees by empowering them to talk about wine and specifically our portfolio, with confidence.
To nail your job you will:
- Educate our customer service team to enable them to speak to customers with confidence about our products
- Further the education of our wine adviser team to increase their sales potential
- Compile reference materials for everyone
- Spread your passion and knowledge to other areas of the business
- Put together and run a program of customer tastings
- Work on external validation of our wine quality through awards and trade press
- Internally validate our wines through competitor tastings
- Provide a knowledge base for other areas of the business ie content creation
- Are passionate about wine
- Love to educate others
- Are organized in your approach
- Have energy and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Are confident, patient, and approachable
- Are always happy to help others
- At least a year working in or heavily involved with with wine industry
- At least a year educating others (eg. in a restaurant, tasting room or classroom setting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A wine certification: WSET level 3 or equivalent (eg. CSW or CMS Level II Certified Sommelier) required
- Experience executing educational wine courses/classes (Via Zoom or Google Meet is a plus!)
- Must be eligible on your own to work in the US to qualify. An employer sponsored work visa is not currently available for this role
- Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Napa, CA office once restrictions have been lifted