|Location:||Napa or Remote|
Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point,which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Nakedwines.com has been a data lead organization from the beginning and we leverage data in just about every decision we make. Our decision science team works cross-functionally to provide analysis and insights that help us make better decisions as an organization. We go to work everyday to test hunches, question things that have “always been done that way”, and identify game changing opportunities.
We have a broad remit and service all areas of our business including: marketing, operations, customer service, supply chain, and winemaking!
To nail your job you will:
- Partner with our leadership team and provide decision support aligned to our strategic roadmap and key value items.
- Independently surface actionable insights to help inform where we go next.
- Work with our product teams to design, execute, and interpret randomized split tests or natural experiments when appropriate.
- Partner with our business intelligence, data science, and data engineering teams to create tools which automate and scale decision making.
- Provide thought leadership and evangelize data lead decision making.
- Are naturally curious and eager to learn
- Take initiative and can sell your ideas
- Find purpose in helping to fix a broken industry
- 5+ years of industry experience in management consulting, advanced analytics, data science, or related roles.
- You have a grasp of applied probability and statistics commensurate with a Masters degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline, particularly social sciences or statistics (there is no hard degree requirement).
- You get worked up about experimental design, causal inference, and identification strategies.
- You are highly proficient in Python or R (and their accompanying data analysis stacks).
- You write SQL in your sleep. Sorry, no divas here, we build our own datasets.
- You can handle ambiguity and imperfect data.
- You can put together a decent slide deck and communicate complex ideas to colleagues in other areas of the business.
- You are able to work legally in the United States. Work authorization sponsorship is not provided for this role by Nakedwines.com