|Department:||Finance and Accounting|
Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers.
Funding winemakers upfront gives us a chance to support independent producers without the stressors or costs of the three-tier system - and allows us to offer customers site-exclusive wines for a best-in-the-business price point,which unlocks a huge target market.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA, shipping over 1 million cases a year (!) with plenty of growth and have ambitiously growth plans ahead.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this a place where you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
We are looking for a new member of the Accounting Team to improve our productivity. We will support you with your goal of becoming a CPA both financially, and by providing you with the appropriate time off to study and take the exam.
To provide support to our Accounting team, including AP, AR, bank reconciliations, Journal Entries, and General Ledger maintenance. You will also partner with our legal team and tax consulting to identify what forms need to be filed and assist in filing them.
To nail your job you will:
- Post month-end journal entries
- Support the team with accruals and prepayments
- Support payroll processing
- Support AP processing and matching, including check runs
- Support bank reconciliations
- Prepare federal and state tax returns, including excise taxes
- Adhoc support for the finance and accounting team as necessary
- You have excellent time management skills and act with a sense of urgency when handling accounting, tax and financial needs.
- You are organized and detail oriented.
- You are a passionate owner of your work and you go above and beyond what is asked of you.
- You have an inquisitive mind and love learning.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You are looking for a career (not just a job) and you are open to a variety of responsibilities that will evolve over time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Understanding of accrual accounting and the difference to cash accounting
- Strong communication skills, tailoring the level of detail based on the audience, whether it be a colleague, auditor, vendor, or the executive team
- Intermediate Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Desire to qualify as a CPA